We’re looking to hire TWSP eligible students to work in our café starting in September, 2021. Our staff work on average 6 hours/week while classes are in session.
Our Ideal Candidate:
1. Is responsible for assisting with all day-to-day operations of the café, including opening and closing procedures, operating the cash register, serving food, customer service, food preparation, adhering to safe food handling procedures, washing dishes and general cleaning and café upkeep.
2. Has the ability to receive and follow through on instructions.
3. Ensures a quality product by following set recipes and/or cooking techniques.
4. Takes initiative and works well with others.
5. Has good attention to detail and the ability to keep a clean work space.
6. Maintains good communication with the Spoon Director, Kitchen Manager and other staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Kitchen and/or food service experience.
2. Experience working in fast paced environments.
3. Experience cooking seasonal, vegetarian food.
4. Interest in food, environment and social justice issues.
5. Knowledge of Seasoned Spoon mandate and structure an asset.
6. Punctual, reliable, organized, and self-directed
7. Strong communication skills.
8. The ability to work harmoniously as part of a large team.
9. Food handlers certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to starting).
For more information, or to submit your CV and cover letter, write to email@example.com.
Please note that these positions are pending funding and any offers depend on a return to regular cafe operations this fall.
*While we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: Monday, March 29th at 12pm