Seasoned Spoon Café Summer Sourcing Position
The Seasoned Spoon is a not-for-profit cooperative café that serves locally grown, organic food at Trent University. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable about sourcing and storing food grown in the Kawartha region for use in our café during the winter.
The contract is for up to 80 hours and will run from June until the end of October, with the bulk of the work in July and August. Remuneration is $16.00/hour.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Processing fresh seasonal produce and fruit.
- Coordinating harvests with Trent Vegetable Gardens.
- Purchasing vegetables and fruit from local growers.
- Maintaining good communication with the Spoon General Manager, Head Cook and other staff.
- Following a budget and keeping precise records.
- Keeping a clean work space.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in preserving/processing fresh produce.
- Knowledge of agriculture, the regional growing season and local producers an asset.
- Knowledge of Seasoned Spoon mandate and structure an asset.
- Interest in food, environment and social justice issues.
- Food handlers certificate.
- Access to a vehicle.
- Our ideal candidate is self-directed and organized.
For more information or to submit your resume and cover letter write to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applications will be received on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. While we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.