We’re looking to hire a TWSP eligible student to start in September, 2019. Our staff work on average 6 hours/week while classes are is session. Our bakers are responsible for preparing baked goods to be sold in the cafe. We are looking for someone who has experience cooking seasonal, vegetarian, gluten-free food, with an interest in food, the environment and social justice issues. This is a self-directed position, and so we are particularly looking for someone who is punctual, reliable, organized, and possesses strong communication skills.
JOBS & HIRING
We're Hiring a Student Baker!
Our ideal candidate
1. Is responsible for menu planning, costing, keeping track of baking inventory, some customer service, washing dishes, and adhering to safe food handling procedures.
2. Has the ability to receive and follow through on instructions.
3. Ensures a quality product by following set recipes and/or cooking techniques.
4. Takes initiative and works well with others.
5. Has good attention to detail and the ability to keep a clean work space.
6. Maintains good communication with the Spoon General Manager, Head Cook and other staff.
7. Is able to oversee, direct, and give feedback to volunteers.
Skills and Qualifications
1. Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
2. Experience cooking seasonal, vegetarian food.
3. Knowledge of Seasoned Spoon mandate and structure an asset.
4. Food Handlers Certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to beginning work).
5. Punctual, reliable, organized, and possessing strong communication skills.
7. The ability to work harmoniously as part of a large team.
For more information, or to submit your CV and cover letter, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*These positions are pending funding, which is confirmed during the summer months.
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 7th at 11pm